Sunday, July 8, 2007

Accessories


Friday was buying day. We poked in and out of all the tourist-minded shops in town looking for just the right dress for Celia. I love the traditional ones of gauzelike white cotton trimmed in vibrant colors but Celia wants the sexy one that ties like a halter around her neck and has the Stevie Nicks skirt – you know what I mean. We searched high and low to find one in her size that wasn’t white. I perfected the necessary Spanish for, “Like this one (pointing to the many adult versions) but for my Daughter. No, thank you, she doesn’t want white.” Finally, we found a hot pink one and she skipped gleefully from the store about 15 feet before she stopped in her tracks and said, “Oh no, Mama’ with such anguish I thought we had lost something important – the camera, my phone, what?. Shoulders slumped and with elongated face Celia said, “I don’t have the right shoes for this dress.”

No comments: